Frederick Douglas Academy VII High School
About the Practice
Students help at school events, partake in peer tutoring, attend an induction ceremony, have their own uniform shirts and go on reward trips.
– Ms. Francis and 3 other teachers run the program
– Boys are invited to submit applications and go through selection process
– About 20 boys are a part of the program as mentors or mentees (upper classmen as mentors)
Target Population/Total Students:
9th – 12th grade boys, 20-30 boys (changes through terms)
- Supervisory events and planning for them. (teacher hours)
- Students dedication, constant reminders needed.
How did school overcome challenges?
Still working on this.
How will you continue to sustain this practice?
We will develop a group of students dedicated to this program (Juniors and Seniors will carry the torch). Most of the things they do are ongoing for no cost.